Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Unbloggable Reader Question

Unbloggable received this question yesterday:

"I was just wondering... are names changed to protect the "innocent"? Anonymous entries don't mean anything if someone gets to the site somehow and is like,"Hey, that's my boys they're talking about!" You know? Just wondering, because of that last post. :)

That is an excellent question. Here is the answer:

Yes, I am working with submitters in changing names and other identifying details to protect identities. Because it's true - there's no point in having an anonymous pen name if the details of the post peg the author's identity.

So if you submit something here - and you should! - I will first check to see if you changed details yourself (wouldn't it be hiLARious if I inadvertently changed them back? No?) and then work with you to make sure everything is as non-identifying as possible.

Also, did I mention that you get to pick a pen name? How fun is that? It can be just a normal name that isn't your own. Like Kimberly. I've always thought it would be fun to be a Kimberly. Or a completely fun name like The Frumious Bandersnatch from earlier this week.

The important thing is that you keep those stories coming in. Because that which can't be blogged is the most interesting stuff of all. Just e-mail me at cantblogit@gmail.com and I'll get them up here!

1 comment:

  1. That's a touchy subject. When it is family you need to tread lightly. I would maybe talk to my kids about it privately but not hers.

    ReplyDelete

Now remember, people are baring their very souls here. Please be kind. And for Pete's sake, keep it clean.